Tuesday 8 December 2020

Trump supporters are no friends of mine

It's ironic that many Trump supporters call us snowflakes when we stand up against them for supporting Trump's racism, sexism, LGBTQ hate and more. They say we're being over-sensitive and that they're only using freedom of speech. Yet, when we choose to unfriend people supporting disgusting views, they whine about us being "bullies" for not respecting their opinions.

But is freedom of speech only for Trump supporters?

I'm old enough to decide who I'm friends with or not. That doesn't make me a bad person. I can work with people of different opinions, and be friends with some of them, but there is a limit for me. Especially, as a gay man, I take offence in people voting for someone who's made it so much worse for people like me.

Biden may not be perfect, but I can not be friends with people who vote for a man like Trump. He is a racist, sexist, bigot and his followers seem to believe all of his lies. But we're not allowed to tell them so or unfriend them for voting for hate, then we are mean people.

It's clear to me that Trump supporters are the snowflakes in this world.



Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to see more stuff from my life. You can also find more information about me on DennisAlexis.com.