Monday 2 January 2017

New year, new music

So we have finally said goodbye to 2016. To be honest, I'm kind of glad the year is over. It has been quite a tragic year filled with hate and violence all over the world. I really hope that 2017 will be much better, with more peace, tolerance and love for everyone. It might sound naive, but I'm not ready to give up on humanity just yet.

My 2017 started off great. Yesterday, I spent the day with Larry in the studio in Gävle recording three new songs for our upcoming EP "Conquer The Universe". The new tracks are called "When Did Your Heart Grow Cold?", "I'll Be Your Satellite" and "If You Were A War". They are, of course, retro synthpop and Hi-NRG, inspired by the eighties sound.

I really love working with Larry because he makes me feel safe in the studio. He encourages me and brings out the best of me while recording. I love it every time Larry says: "The song got much better now when your vocals have been added to the mix." It warms my heart.

Happy new year and have a fabulous 2017!